Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and
Technology is a multi-campus university established in 1982 with
its headquarters at Shalimar Srinagar and its territorial jurisdiction
spread over temperate Kashmir and cold arid region of Ladakh.
Table of Contents
The university with a basic mandate of teaching, research and
extension has added innovation and entrepreneurship as its
4th mandate that specifically caters to agriculture and allied
sciences and its directed towards food, nutritional and livelihood
security. It is committed to develop quality human resource and
innovative technologies so as to serve the farming community of
the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir with dedication and
zeal. It makes the provisions for imparting education in different
branches of study in agriculture, horticulture, veterinary and
animal sciences, forestry, fisheries, agricultural engineering,
food science, environmental sciences, sericulture and other
allied sciences. Over the last four decades university has been
contributing significantly to the agricultural economy of the
UT by the development of high yielding crop varieties and
production technologies. Diversification of cropping systems,
introduction of high-density orcharding in apple, pear, cherry
etc., high value crops, organic vegetable production, revival of
the land races, propagation of walnut and other fruits, integrated
nutrient management involving bio-fertilizers and vermi-compost,
bio-waste management and waste to wealth has added new
dimensions to agriculture business and entrepreneurship . The
university supports the Govt. of Jammu and Kashmir on human
resource development, training and policy issues.
SKUAST of Kashmir has developed its well thought Working
Model of Education in tune with the NEP-2020 for Agricultural
Education Set up in India. The Policy and the Model is being
implemented from the current academic session 2023-24. The
Vision, Mission and expected outcomes are presented in the
following pictorial illustration to provide a first hand information
to the applicants seeking admission at the University during the
having passed 10+2/Higher Secondary Part-II or equivalent examination from a recognized Statutory
Board/University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics having aggregate marks
not less than 50% for OM and 40% for reserved category candidates within the age group as on 31-12-
2023 of minimum 17 years and maximum 28 years (not born after 31-12-2006 and before 31-12-1995),
however, minimum 21 years and maximum 37 years in case of Nominees of GoJK:
Note: Candidates, who have appeared or likely to appear in Higher Secondary Part – II (12th or 10+2)
or equivalent examination can also apply, provided they produce necessarily qualification certificates
with mark/grade sheet of Higher Secondary Part II (12th or 10+2) issued by the respective competent
authority at the time of counselling and further subject to fulfilment of all other eligibility requirements
for provisional selection/admission.
2. Schedule 2023:
3. Seat Matrix:
4. Fee Structure:
5. Selection Procedure:
1. Entrance Test based overall Merit list of all the candidates, among whom short listed candidates in order of merit, shall be called for counseling as per the schedule at the Main Campus Shalimar to be separately notified by the Registrar through University website www.skuastkashmir.ac.in and local English/ Urdu Daily newspapers of UT of J&K. The candidates shall be allotted available seats in order of category wise merit obtained by the candidate.
2. The candidates short-listed for the counseling for admission to various Masters & Under-graduate Degree Programmes will have to submit duly completed ‘Counseling Form’ (to be provided at the time of counseling) along with one set of attested copies of all the rele-vant documents.
3. The eligibility for the candidates will be verified by the counseling/selection committee and recommend for admission to different programmes as per merit.
4. If a candidate fails to register himself/ herself and deposit the fee at the time of counseling/admission, his/her candidature will be cancelled and seat allotted to the next candidate on merit in respective category
5. Closure of admissions: After closing date of admissions (last counseling) held, the univer- sity shall not entertain/consider any request for change of stream from one programme to other, up-gradation from Self Finance to Open Merit/Reserved Category.
1. Undergraduate Degree Programme.
The question papers will be based on the latest syllabus adopted by J&K Board of School Education (JKBOSE) for 11th& 12th classes.
Syllabus in respect of various disciplines/Streams, as the case may be, of Masters degree Programmes courses will be based on ICAR/VCI syllabus. The syllabus will be separately and subsequently made available by Controller of Examination, SKUAST-K on the University web- site: www.skuastkashmir.ac.in.
7. Schedule of Examination for the Test
1. Undergraduate Degree Programme.
2. The University Entrance Test-2023 for provisional selection/admission to Masters Degreee
Progrmammes shall be held on the date’s & time as per the examination scheme as may be separately
& subsequently notified by the Controller of Examinations;
8. Exam pattern:
9. Previous Year Paper:
10. Information Brochure
All SKUAST aspirants 2023 must download SKUAST 2023 Information Brochure For Domiciles of UT of J&K | UT of Ladakh | NRI-sponsored | Other States/UTs
U G | P G Degree Programmes 2023